The National Press and Publication Administration told state-run news agency Xinhua that game-playing would be only allowed between 8pm to 9pm.
It also instructed gaming companies to prevent children playing outside these times.
Earlier this month a state media outlet branded online games “spiritual opium”.
Welcome to Joe Public – a website by Joe Public about interesting stuff.
What Do You Seek?
Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it. Your body will collide with the earth and you will bear witness. In this way you will be compelled to grapple with the limitless kindness and bottomless cruelty of humankind – and perhaps realize that you yourself are capable of both. This will change you. Nothing will ever again be black-and-white.
- Most popular song each month in the 1960s
- Systematic partisan lying and misinformation has done enormous damage to liberal democracies
- ISPs collect and sell a horrifying amount of sensitive consumers data
- Nina Simone » Feeling Good
- China disinformation campaign blames Covid on Maine lobsters
- CBS News investigates ‘The Hippie Temptation’ (1967)
- Tatiana Eva-Marie and the Avalon Jazz Band » Bésame Mucho (in French)
- Washington issue reports warning that climate change threatens global security
- Jim Carrey » I Needed Color
- Twitter admits its algorithms amplifies conservative content more than left-leaning content
- NY Times Video » Searching for the Lost Graves of Canada’s Indigenous Children
- China’s power crisis threatens the global supply chain
- Brook Benton » It’s Just A Matter Of Time (The Ed Sullivan Show)
- In 2020 Amazon shipped more parcels in U.S. than FedEx
- Lou Donaldson » Blues Walk
- Clyde McPhatter » A Lover’s Question
- The Speedtest Global Index is now available for 43 countries
- A hacker is reported to have stolen the Government of Argentina’s ID database of the entire population. The IDs of 45 million Argentinians is now available for sale on the open market
- Facebook is planning to change it’s name, but it’s still aiming to be the same rancid “dystopian corporate dictatorship”
- French oil and gas giant Total has known about climate threat of burning fossil fuels since at least 1971