Author, philosopher and cognitive scientist Daniel Dennett speaking at the Global Atheist Convention in Melbourne, Australia.
The Japanese luxury brand Infiniti finished fourth, and Buick finished fifth — the only domestic brand to secure a top 10 spot.
The survey found complicated electronics systems, not electric powertrains, tanked reliability in crossovers such as the Audi E-tron, Volkswagen ID4 and Tesla Model X and Model Y. Problems in those models stemmed from climate controls, in-car electronics and power equipment, Consumer Reports said.
Elsewhere » Buick only top 10 reliable domestic brand in Consumer Reports study » Detroit News
Elsewhere » CNET Roadshow
Speaking together at the Super Taikyu Race in Okayama earlier this week, representatives from each of the firms vowed to collaborate on “expanding fuel options” using existing ICE technology, bucking a wider industry trend towards full electrification.
The companies “intend to unite and pursue the three initiatives of participating in races using carbon-neutral fuels; exploring the use of hydrogen engines in two-wheeled and other vehicles; and continuing to race using hydrogen engines.”
Toyota’s efforts in this area, particularly, are well documented. The company is already using a lightly modified Corolla race car to determine the viability of hydrogen-combustion technology, which, it says, would reduce the emissions of its vehicles without disregarding the several decades it has invested in developing its existing petrol and diesel engines.
Now, as part of this new joint initiative, Toyota will expand its existing partnership with Subaru to test ‘carbon-neutral’ synthetic fuels in a race environment. Next year, Subaru and Toyota will enter a BRZ and GR 86, respectively, into Japan’s Super Taikyu race series (in which the hydrogen-combustion Corolla currently races) using synthetic fuel derived from biomass.
Elsewhere » Green Car Congress
IN USD »
- Associate manufacturing engineer: $93,983
- Global supply manager: $119,890
- Industrial engineer: $100,436
- Logistics analyst: $85,333
- Manager, mechanical design engineering: $173,200
- Manufacturing controls development engineer: $110,215
- Manufacturing engineer: $103,723
- Mechanical design engineer: $107,207
- Process engineer: $99,543
- Quality assurance engineer: $104,221
- Senior analyst: $116,613
- Senior electronic design engineer: $131,193
- Senior hardware engineer: $142,342
- Senior manufacturing controls development engineer: $129,587
- Senior manufacturing engineer: $125,020
- Senior mechanical design engineer: $125,247
- Senior process engineer: $114,531
- Senior software applications engineer: $139,442
- Senior software development engineer: $148,500
- Senior software quality assurance engineer: $139,207
- Senior technical product manager: $135,807
- Senior test engineer: $124,666
- Software development engineer: $133,879
- Senior software QA engineer: $142,422
- Staff electronic design engineer: $161,157
- Staff manufacturing engineer: $150,528
- Staff mechanical design engineer: $148,620
- Staff software development engineer: $175,703
- Technical program manager: $120,083
- Test engineer: $112,272
If you use passwords found on this list, they are not offering you any protection.
The Awful Password List is an annual project from the password manager NordPass, which put all of us on blast in 2020 for using phrases like “123456″ and “qwerty” as login credentials, despite all of us knowing how objectively bad those passwords are. In fact, we’ve known they’ve been bad for years at this point—those sorts of phrases have cropped up on lists of the most popular passwords for years at this point, and have been gawked at accordingly.
Kemmerer, Wyoming, population roughly 2,500, has been the site of the coal-fired Naughton Power Plant, which is being closed. The TerraPower project will see it replaced by a 345 megawatt reactor that would pioneer a number of technologies that haven’t been commercially deployed before.
These include a reactor design that needs minimal refueling, cooling by liquid sodium, and a molten-salt heat-storage system that will provide the plant with the flexibility needed to integrate better with renewable energy.