In 2008, a box of 30 anti-inflammatory rectal suppositories that treats arthritis, called Indocin, had a price tag of $198. As of Oct. 1, the price of that same box was 52 times higher, totaling $10,350.
Welcome to Joe Public
Feeding my curious brain.
What Do You Seek?
Perhaps the search will, after all, throw some light on a man determined to be his own man, and whatever the cost, to live the life he believed in.
— Joshua Slocum (Feb 20, 1844 – Nov 14, 1909)
- The White Stripes » Seven Nation Army
- The Tragically Hip – Montréal (Live From Molson Center, Montréal/2000)
- “These crimes were preventable.” » Warning signs present in 1 in 3 homicides of intimate partners
- Roberta Flack » The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- PayPal will soon start charging Canadian account owners a $20 fee for not using it in the past 12 months
- Meet The Liverbirds » Britain’s first female rock band
- Dionne Warwick » I Say a Little Prayer (2013 Remaster)
- George Saunders’ 2013 commencement address at the Syracuse University College of Arts and Sciences » Try to be kinder
- Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong » April In Paris
- Bill Gates » 5 books I loved reading this year
- Free public domain audiobooks
- Duke’s Place » Louis Armstrong and Duke Ellington
- Starlink Is testing internet service for aircraft
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk is encouraging customers to buy his limited edition USD$50 “Cyberwhistle” instead of Apple’s equally ridiculous USD$19 Polishing Cloth
- There is a camera the size of a grain of salt, and its image quality is Trippy
- Video » From Libya to Europe: on board a Médecins Sans Frontières refugee rescue ship
- Linda Ronstadt » Desperado (1977)
- Photojournalist Tom Stoddart has died from cancer aged 67
- Wishbook » Simpsons-Sears Christmas Catalogue 1957
- Pitching a tent in the Siberian Arctic Winter