September 19, 1893 » New Zealand becomes the first country to grant all women the right to vote
- A stranger’s act of kindness has changed a homeless man’s life » CBC
- Iceland’s volcanic eruption the longest in half a century » France 24
- Myanmar’s all-out war in the making » The Diplomat
- Thousands of Haitian migrants cross US border in Texas » DW News ⤵️
- German activists are starving themselves to make politicians face the climate crisis » The Guardian
- Since August 30th, six activists have been camped out close to the Reichstag building in Berlin, prepared to starve themselves to death to highlight the lack of ambition among Germany’s main political parties to confront the climate emergency.
- Shifting jet stream due to warming could threaten Europe from 2060 » New Scientist
- Sailors have noted a changing jet stream for several years now.
- 10,000 trees cut in the Corbett Tiger Reserve in India » Time of India
- Want to save the Earth? Then don’t buy that shiny new iPhone » The Guardian
Coronavirus / COVID-19 / Pandemic
- Vaccinate the world before starting COVID booster shots » Scientific American
- CDC study finds Moderna vaccine is best at preventing Covid-19 hospitalization » Politico
- Lions and endangered tigers sick with coughs tested positive for COVID-19 at the Smithsonian’s National Zoo
- My building, I shit you not, is still doing the 7 PM Cheer for essential workers » Gawker
- New ‘highly effective’ ovarian cancer treatment holds promise for thousands of women » The Guardian
- British Columbia school district to lock down schools due to idiot anti-vaxx protests » Reuters / Global News
- A school district in B.C.’s Southern Interior says all schools in its zone will be in lockdown mode starting Monday after COVID vaccine protesters criminally trespassed into three schools on Friday.
- Note » Friday may have been the first time anti-vaxx protesters saw the inside of a school.
- UK-France defence summit cancelled in Aukus row » The Guardian
- Philippine boxer Manny Pacquiao to run for president in 2022 in anti-Rodrigo Duterte bid » France 24
Young dancers in the Philippines performing a traditional bamboo dance known as Tinikling. pic.twitter.com/HexbSSewY5
— dusttoodigital (@dusttoodigital) September 17, 2021