- Judge issues permanent injunction in Epic vs. Apple case » Apple can no longer prohibit developers from linking to outside purchase options and in-app purchases » The Verge
- What do Germans fear the most? » DW
- #1 » Huge tax hikes due to COVID debts.
- Are tax hikes imminent to pay for pandemic? » DW
- Moab, Utah » Once known as the Uranium Capital of the World » Popular Science
- Today, Moab attracts ATV enthusiasts who power down trails, Jeep drivers who slink along canyon roads, hikers who traipse tricky paths, and mountain bikers who crank their tires over the rocks.
- How bad are e-cigarettes for you? » The Economist ($)
- Regulators are right to worry about the long-term effects of e-cigarettes, but widespread bans risk keeping smokers on conventional cigarettes which are known to be worse
- ‘Havana syndrome ’ and the mystery of the microwaves » BBC
Coronavirus / COVID19 / Pandemic
- Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Deena Hinshaw, the medical doctor leading Alberta through the pandemic, has admitted Alberta jumped the gun and began relaxing public health measures prematurely » putting the blame it on others » CTV
- BioNTech-Pfizer confident about their vaccine for kids » DW
- US President Biden orders employees of big businesses to be vaccinated or face testing » BBC
- Canada has opened up its borders to fully vaccinated foreign travellers. Are there risks? » CBC
- Canadians want to know why they can fly — but still not drive — to the U.S. » CBC
- US government officials would not respond to questions about its current travel policy
- Unvaccinated are 5X more likely to catch delta, 11X more likely to die » Ars Technica
Canadian Election T –10
- Which political party has the best child care plan? » Policy Options
- Analysis shows the Liberal plan will massively improve affordability while the Conservatives’ would only nibble at the affordability problem.