- UN chief: World is at `pivotal moment’ that could lead to a breakdown of global order and a future of perpetual crisis crises » AP
- Salesforce offers to relocate employees and their families after Texas abortion law goes into effect » CNBC
- Deaths caused by alcohol at highest level since 2008 in Scotland » The Guardian
9/11 – Afghanistan – Terrorism
- Are Indo-Russian ties the next casualty of great-power shifts? » Foreign Policy
- In what would once have been an unthinkable division between New Delhi and Moscow, India is siding with Western powers instead of Russia and China regarding Afghanistan.
- Visual Investigation » The New York Times obtained security camera footage and witness accounts to show how the U.S. military launched a drone strike that killed 10 people in Kabul on Aug. 29 without knowing who it was hitting. » NY Times
- 9/11: The day Nova Scotia opened its heart and homes to the world » The Chronicle Herald
- Where did the US$5 TRILLION spent on Afghanistan and Iraq go? » The Guardian
- US marks two decades since carnage of 9/11 » RFI
- Apple suggests not mounting your iPhone to your motorcycle or scooter
- Exposing your iPhone to high amplitude vibrations within certain frequency ranges, specifically those generated by high-power motorcycle engines, can degrade the performance of the camera system.
- The European Space Agency’s Copernicus Sentinel-2 takes us over Danube Delta, the second largest river delta in Europe » Adventure Trend
Saw a local FB group about boycotting businesses that enforce the vaccine passport.
Honey, it’s not a boycott if you’re not allowed in.
— Jeff Hillyard (he/him)😷 (@jphillyard) September 9, 2021
- Officials from the Province of British Columbia calculate that people who are not vaccinated are 35 times more likely to be hospitalized because of COVID-19 than those with two shots » CBC
- How the Delta variant’s remarkable ability to replicate threw new twists into the Covid-19 pandemic » Stat News
- We’re asking the impossible of vaccines » The Atlantic
- China’s nuclear missile silo expansion: From minimum deterrence to medium deterrence – The Bulletin
- The scale of the Chinese missile silo construction, combined with the other elements of its nuclear build-up, are unprecedented in Chinese nuclear history. It underscores that China’s nuclear posture has entered a new dynamic phase that requires new attention from the international community. Other countries will be responding politically and militarily.