She passed away in the arms of one of the rangers who rescued her as a baby, Andre Bauma, at a gorilla orphanage at Virunga – Africa’s oldest national park – in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Welcome to Joe Public – a website by Joe Public about interesting stuff.
What Do You Seek?
The more you have travelled, the more you realize how little you have seen.
— Gunther Holtorf
- Documentary Video » The EU climate deal » Carbon neutral by 2050?
- Lagging behind » Australia sets 2050 net-zero emissions target but no changes for 2030
- This is our wakeup call » UN report warns we are on track for ‘climate catastrophe’ and we are running out of time
- Watch » Yale Professor Jason Stanley identifies 10 tactics of Fascism
- Georgia, Kentucky and Idaho are leading the USA’s Great Resignation
- Watch how this 87-year old man parks his car in his very narrow garage.
- Facebook Papers » A massive new trove of leaked documents shows chaos and confusion inside Facebook
- Al Green » Let’s Stay Together
- The Muppets Sing Mr. Blue Sky
- Siemens is building an offshore wind turbine factory in Virginia, the first in the USA
- Paris is investing €250 million to become one of the most bike-friendly cities in the world
- Gustav Holst » The Planets: Jupiter » Performed by the Berklee Contemporary Symphony Orchestra
- Dear White Parents, We need to talk to our children about racism
- Ben E. King » Stand By Me
- Soundgarden » Black Hole Sun
- The Smashing Pumpkins » 1979
- Vaccines have been saving lives for more than 200 years ago. So why are people hesitant to get vaccinated?
- Ahead of January 6, in the Willard Hotel, a block from the White House, was a ‘command center’ set up to deny Joe Biden the presidency
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai » ‘Solving climate change is humanity’s next big moonshot’
- NASA chief Bill Nelson opens up about UFOs and ET life