Sting And Shaggy play “Englishman in New York”, “Don’t Make Me Wait” and “Shape of My Heart/Lucid Dreams” at the Tiny Desk.
Welcome to Joe Public
Feeding my curious brain.
What Do You Seek?
It’s an irritating reality that many places and events defy description. Angkor Wat and Machu Picchu, for instance, seem to demand silence, like a love affair you can never talk about. For a while after, you fumble for words, trying vainly to assemble a private narrative, an explanation, a comfortable way to frame where you’ve been and whats happened. In the end, you’re just happy you were there- with your eyes open- and lived to see it.
- The White Stripes » Seven Nation Army
- The Tragically Hip – Montréal (Live From Molson Center, Montréal/2000)
- “These crimes were preventable.” » Warning signs present in 1 in 3 homicides of intimate partners
- Roberta Flack » The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- PayPal will soon start charging Canadian account owners a $20 fee for not using it in the past 12 months
- Meet The Liverbirds » Britain’s first female rock band
- Dionne Warwick » I Say a Little Prayer (2013 Remaster)
- George Saunders’ 2013 commencement address at the Syracuse University College of Arts and Sciences » Try to be kinder
- Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong » April In Paris
- Bill Gates » 5 books I loved reading this year
- Free public domain audiobooks
- Duke’s Place » Louis Armstrong and Duke Ellington
- Starlink Is testing internet service for aircraft
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk is encouraging customers to buy his limited edition USD$50 “Cyberwhistle” instead of Apple’s equally ridiculous USD$19 Polishing Cloth
- There is a camera the size of a grain of salt, and its image quality is Trippy
- Video » From Libya to Europe: on board a Médecins Sans Frontières refugee rescue ship
- Linda Ronstadt » Desperado (1977)
- Photojournalist Tom Stoddart has died from cancer aged 67
- Wishbook » Simpsons-Sears Christmas Catalogue 1957
- Pitching a tent in the Siberian Arctic Winter